Thursday, April 30, 2009

LIFE IS TOO SHORT
How many times a day, a week, a month do we hear this phrase...?? But do we really take the time to THINK about what it means. I know I don't sometimes. In the last month 3 people Hoku or I know have died. Just like that, gone. We mourn, we send sympathies to the families, we attend the funerals...and then what.?? we go back to our everyday. Our kids, our jobs, our hobbies...etc...We go back to taking things for granted. We get so caught up in the mundain, everyday things, that we forget how lucky we are. Any time, any day we could lose someone who means the world to us, we know this, but do we take the extra time to tell or show them how much they truly mean to us? Or is it easier to say " Oh i'll call them later, oh they know i love them...i'll just do this one thing and then go see them" and then we don't...
Today I am telling people I love just how much they mean to me. I will cherish all the time I can with my children.Who cares if my house is messy. Who cares if there's 5 loads of laundry to be done. I want to live. I will forgive. I will forget. I will apologize. I will love. I will live. I don't want to die and have the people I love wonder if I loved them. I don't want to lose someone without them knowing they meant the world to me. I don't want to live with regrets.
I think all of us could give a little more of ourselves. I know I am going to try harder to just live my life and not get so worked up about things that mean so little...It could all be gone tomorrow...

1 comment:

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I agree Kim, Thanks for that post. Just last night Chris and I were talking about how we need to just relax and not take life so seriously. We both talked about ways that we could be better parents, and all of the things we need to work on. Life is just to short for us to take everything for granted.
We have some soil being brought in all day Saturday, but what about the first of next week? I hope that the weather clears up.Then we could go to the park or the zoo for a picnic.Love ya Kimmy!